Leave plastic bandage on for 1 hour.
CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS FOR TATTOO
- WASH your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning or touching your tattoo for any reason.
- Use hand to wash with warm water and liquid antibacterial soap.
- RINSE thoroughly to remove all traces of the soap from the tattoo.
- DRY by gently patting with clean, disposable paper products. Cloth towels can harbor bacteria.
- Apply Ointment 2-3 times a day for 5 days.
- Apply Ointment in small amounts to skin from breaking out.
- Continue to keep skin moist with lubricant or other non-scented lotion.
WHAT IS NORMAL?
- Initially: localized swelling, tenderness, scabbing.
- During healing: tattooed area will begin to dry and flake off.
WHAT TO DO
- Wash your hands prior to touching the tattoo; leave it alone except when cleaning.
- Stay healthy; the healthier your lifestyle, the easier it will be for your tattoo to heal. Get enough sleep and eat a nutritious diet. Exercise during healing is fine; listen to your body.
- Make sure your bedding is washed and changed regularly. Wear clean, comfortable, breathable clothing that protects your tattoo while you are sleeping.
- Showers tend to be safer than taking baths, as bathtubs can harbor bacteria. DO NOT SOAK YOUR TATTOO IN WATER.
WHAT TO AVOID
- Do not scratch or pick at scabs
- Avoid Pools, Jacuzzis, Lakes, Ponds and Ocean Water.
- Avoid direct sun on your tattoo for the first 2 weeks.
- Avoid undue trauma such as friction from clothing, excessive motion of the area, touching tattoo, and vigorous cleaning.
- If you suspect that your tattoo is infected, contact your artist right away.